This article will help you get up and running with your Sonnox plugins on your new machine as quickly as possible so you can pick up where you left off!
- On your new computer, please download and install the latest iLok Licence Manager from iLok.com
- Go to www.sonnox.com/mysonnox and log in with your iLok ID and iLok email address to access the latest installers for your plugins.
Please note that you can install your Sonnox plugins on as many machines as you choose. However, the location of your licence will determine whether the plugins can be authorised on the system you're using. Please ensure that your licences are active on the correct system to prevent your DAW from blocklisting your plugins.
Moving your licences
iLok dongle users
- Sign in to the iLok Licence Manager, connect your iLok2/iLok3 dongle and make sure it is showing in the left-hand menu
- Check that your Sonnox plugins are active on this iLok
- Right-click on the iLok in the left-hand menu and select 'Syncronise' to resolve any potential discrepencies between your iLok device and your iLok account.
iLok Cloud users
You will need to move your iLok Cloud session from your old machine to your new one.
- On your new machine, sign in to the iLok Licence Manager, and go to - (File/Open Cloud Session).
- Please note, the iLok Cloud can only be open on one machine at a time, but you can close your previous session remotely from your new computer.
For more information, please see our support article - How to use iLok Cloud authorisation
iLok Machine Auth users
Please note, we only allow iLok machine authorisation for our Toolbox products. Please see Which locations can I use for my Sonnox Licence? for more information.
Machine authorised licences will need to be deactivated from the old machine before they can be activated on a new one. This cannot be done remotely like the iLok Cloud, so please ensure this is completed before moving over to a new system.
If you're unable to access your old machine, please complete a location reset request -
- Sign in to the iLok Licence Manager,
- Locate the unaccessible machine in the left-hand menu
- Right-click on this location and select 'Report as unusable'. PACE/iLok will then contact us to reset this location for you to activate to your new machine.
If you have any issues with authorisation on a new machine after reading this article, please refer to our support article - Why doesn't my plugin show up in my DAW?
If you get stuck, please create a support ticket. We're always happy to help!